About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I live in the Brighton Heights Neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh PA and recently certified my yard as a wildlife habitat. please feel free to check out my Blog and I hope you enjoy it.When I first bought my property the house was in disrepair and the yard was nothing but dead grass over grown weeds and garbage. It is now a habitat that provides wildlife with the four basic requirements needed to thrive. These are food, clean water, cover from predators, and places to raise young. I have provided these in my small space and will continue to improve on these elements of my garden. I am also an artist and I get a lot of inspiration from my garden. I am fascinated with tiny houses and enjoy cooking and music. I have two adopted cats from a rescue, and I have a one eyed cat that was a stray and needed surgery so I took her in. They are all house cats so they do not tear up my wildlife habitat. They do enjoy sitting in the windows looking at the other animals that visit my yard.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Trump Supporter on Face book gets a lesson in Global Warming.

Three days ago I posted on face book about my disappointment in Trumps decision to drop out of the Paris Climate Accord. I felt like posting something  that people can do for positive  changes to the environment. This was a response I received from an ex friend and supporter of Trump.

We have 3 bald eagle nests in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. YES right in the heart of the city. So if global warming is so bad why are birds that have not been here in my 66 years suddenly breeding here? There are more Polar bears today then ANY time in recorded history. Read all the predictions from All over the world. They said we would have to choose between feeding people or animals by 2012. All the climate change predictions from the experts that haven't come true would fill a book.

This was my response to the post they left on my page.

Nature may be able to adapt to some of the environmental changes going on, but is it worth the risk of not looking at the signs of how we are destroying the planet. The predictions about the polar bears have not come to pass but it just means they have learned to adapt for now. They predicted the decline of bees and possible extinction of some bees. This has come to pass and this year the first bee has been placed on the endangered species list. The polar bears are not a reason to be thinking that global warming or climate change is not real. If we continue doing nothing to preserve wildlife habitats the situation will get worse and eventually the damage will be irreversible. As far as the Eagles in Pittsburgh, That is a sad argument because Pittsburgh is a classic example of what can happen to the environment when industrial pollution is cut down and cleaned up. Pittsburgh has come a long way from the days of the steel mills days and its pollution. We still have a long way to go as far as improving air quality and water quality but we are making strides and the eagles nesting here is proof of that. If Pittsburgh was still as bad as it used to be we would not have any eagles. Proof of climate change is not the decline or extinction of animals its the change of temperatures water levels and global weather that create catastrophic storms and unprecedented environmental, and geological changes. The extinction and decline of animal populations are results of global warming, pollution, and loss of habitat. Nature is resilient and can adapt but eventually it will come to the point that it can not adapt any more and we will loose big time. At this point no politician or person will be able to change things back.

No comments:

Post a Comment