About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I live in the Brighton Heights Neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh PA and recently certified my yard as a wildlife habitat. please feel free to check out my Blog and I hope you enjoy it.When I first bought my property the house was in disrepair and the yard was nothing but dead grass over grown weeds and garbage. It is now a habitat that provides wildlife with the four basic requirements needed to thrive. These are food, clean water, cover from predators, and places to raise young. I have provided these in my small space and will continue to improve on these elements of my garden. I am also an artist and I get a lot of inspiration from my garden. I am fascinated with tiny houses and enjoy cooking and music. I have two adopted cats from a rescue, and I have a one eyed cat that was a stray and needed surgery so I took her in. They are all house cats so they do not tear up my wildlife habitat. They do enjoy sitting in the windows looking at the other animals that visit my yard.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Big changes every where

I did a lot to the yard to prepare for the roofers and moved a lot of plants away from the house to try and save them. I took all of the iris and other tender plants from in front of my porch to the side yard where they should have been safe. I also got a few new colors of iris from a friend and found some plants that are new to the yard that self seeded from some where.
New Iris (Recurring Delight) in my border with all the iris I moved from in front of my porch.
This was the mess the roofers made to my neighbors yard. I cleaned some of it up then made them clean the rest. I then went out with my shop Vac and cleaned all the broken shards of slate out of her lawn.
This is my front hand railing that the roofers tore out of the cement. I have asked them what they intend to do about repairing the broken steps concrete and railing. So far I am still waiting for a response.
More mess left in neighbors yard.
My Certified Wildlife Habitat sign has arrived and is put up proudly at the front of my border.
Wild strawberries taste great.
Back end of the border.
Back yard has run out of planting space till the roof project is done and stuff can get moved back against the house.

Another picture of the new iris

No comments:

Post a Comment