About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I live in the Brighton Heights Neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh PA and recently certified my yard as a wildlife habitat. please feel free to check out my Blog and I hope you enjoy it.When I first bought my property the house was in disrepair and the yard was nothing but dead grass over grown weeds and garbage. It is now a habitat that provides wildlife with the four basic requirements needed to thrive. These are food, clean water, cover from predators, and places to raise young. I have provided these in my small space and will continue to improve on these elements of my garden. I am also an artist and I get a lot of inspiration from my garden. I am fascinated with tiny houses and enjoy cooking and music. I have two adopted cats from a rescue, and I have a one eyed cat that was a stray and needed surgery so I took her in. They are all house cats so they do not tear up my wildlife habitat. They do enjoy sitting in the windows looking at the other animals that visit my yard.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

So much is going on.



This is my favorite time of year because my yard is exploding with blooms of color and there is so much activity.
Pink Bachelor  Button. This is an annual that self seeded from last year.
This Rose is so cool it opens Yellow with red stripes and eventually turns an intense coppery red. 
 Variegated Weigelia. This year it is full of flowers that start out white and turn pink.
 Peach Iris. I have several different varieties and colors and most are in full bloom right now.
 Yellow Iris.
 White Salvia and ox eye daisy.
 Oriental Poppy. These are everywhere in my yard and an old time favorite.
 Old Fashioned single Peony. This opens about a month and a half before most other peonies.
A favorite re blooming Iris 
 This is a Late blooming lilac. Almost all of my other lilacs have bloomed and are gone but this one has not opened up all the way yet. I also think it is a re bloomer.
 A grouping of Iris in front of my porch. I will have to divide these again and move some around.
 This orange Iris is one of the most intense colors in my yard right now.
 More Iris in front of my porch.
Been moving a lot of plants away from the house before roofers come to start work.
 Orange and yellow Iris.
 Dark red and white Iris. The white re blooms in the fall.
 Amethyst and Ice Centaurea. A newer variety of an old fashioned perennial.
 Centaurea also called Mountain Bluet.
 Rhododendron.
 Re blooming Iris.
 White Iris.
 Pink Knockout Rose.
 Iris and Poppies.
 Japanese Iris.
 Dark Red Iris.
The last of my Beauty of Moscow Lilac.

No comments:

Post a Comment