About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I live in the Brighton Heights Neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh PA and recently certified my yard as a wildlife habitat. please feel free to check out my Blog and I hope you enjoy it.When I first bought my property the house was in disrepair and the yard was nothing but dead grass over grown weeds and garbage. It is now a habitat that provides wildlife with the four basic requirements needed to thrive. These are food, clean water, cover from predators, and places to raise young. I have provided these in my small space and will continue to improve on these elements of my garden. I am also an artist and I get a lot of inspiration from my garden. I am fascinated with tiny houses and enjoy cooking and music. I have two adopted cats from a rescue, and I have a one eyed cat that was a stray and needed surgery so I took her in. They are all house cats so they do not tear up my wildlife habitat. They do enjoy sitting in the windows looking at the other animals that visit my yard.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

They are calling for warmer temperatures this weekend.

The temperature is supposed to get up to 48 today. The night temps are still below freezing but they are saying we have seen the last of the snow. The are also calling for temperatures to get up into the 60's and maybe even low 70"s this weekend. I took a few pictures of some of the damage done by the late winter weather and I am surprised that some of the stuff I thought was lost is already making a come back.
 Some of the dead leaves and buds on lilacs in front of my porch. 
 Knockout Roses are looking good.
 This is in front of my porch where I am putting in new walk way.
 Peony that was started from seed.
 Lilacs on the side of the house look better than the front because they get full sun.
 Thought I lost my crab apple blossoms, but they are doing ok now.
 Another lilac
 This is a reblooming lilac I started from a cutting. I thought Home Depot Killed it last year but it made a come back now it needs to come back again from freezing.
 Peony buds look like they are doing alright.
 Another peony
 Arundo donax / Peppermint giant reed grass. This was looking really good before it snowed. I should come back ok though.
 Another peony
 Another lilac
 Variegated weigela
 Another crab apple tree.
 My Pond
 Butterfly bush
 A small crab apple tree.
 Two year old peony started by seed
 Another 2 year old peony seedling.
 Some of the Tulips the deer did not eat or dig up.
 Montauk Daisy started by clippings left on ground over by church.
 Another crab apple.
Same Crab apple
 Peony and Poppy
Hemerocallis Day lily
Daffodil's
Bleeding harts
Beauty of Moscow Lilac
Cutting that I started about a month and a half ago.
White flowering dogwood.
Daffodil's
Damaged Montauk Daisy.
Peony
Butterfly 
Montauk Daisy
Nikko Blue Hydrangea
It looks like the thistle I fell on last week made a recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment